The Wonder of the Hawaiian Islands with the
University of Hawai‘i at Hilo’s
Hawaiian EDventure Program
“To provide and promote Experiential Education through the perpetuation of the Hawaiian culture, quality educational programs, engagement, cultural immersion and sustainable tourism. Changing the world one student at a time through global networking and meaningful friendships.”
What is Hawaiian EDventure?
A “Best Practice” University of Hawaii at Hilo, custom- designed, educational travel program, Hawaiian EDventure originated in 1990. Designed for groups, schools, clubs and life-long learners, the Hawaiian EDventure program has set the GOLD STANDARD in experiential learning for 24 years!
- EDventure’s international reputation is based on the high quality of our educational programs, our knowledgeable Instructors, Field Interpreters and Community Resources and our commitment to cultural authenticity.
- Offered in the “Greatest Outdoor Classroom in the World!”- EDventure programs are CUSTOM – DESIGNED to meet your school’s educational, recreational and cultural objectives.
What Is Our Staff Profile?
An experienced, award-winning staff, our TEAM has broad-based experience in organizational management, communication, education and program development.
- Our passion is enriching students’ lives and our promise is to provide unique, engaging travel experiences that optimize your students’ experience and enhance cultural and global understanding.
What Programs Do We Provide?
Your Vision + Hawai‘i’s Resources = Success!
- Marine Science
- Tropical Agriculture
- Culinary & Fine Arts
- Hawaiian Music, Arts & Crafts
- Hawaiian Culture & Immersion
- Local School Experiences
- Technology & Robotics
- ESL Instruction (English as a Second Language)
Unique to Hawai‘i’s diverse cultural and environmental landscape, our hands-on experiences are engaging and transformative. Programs are offered in a wide variety of disciplines reflective of the enormous environmental and cultural diversity in Hawai‘i.
What Services Do We Provide:
Plan, coordinate and implement! A “One-Stop Educational Travel Experience!” Coordination services include:
- Program Consultation & Development
- Tailored Itineraries (to maximize your group’s goals)
- Airport Lei Greeting / Shuttle Service
- Accommodations & Lodging
- Ground Transportation
- All Meals & Snacks
- Opening Welcome Dinner
- Closing Hawaiian “Pa‘ina” (Celebration)
- Experiential Field Trips
- Field Instructors, Interpreters, Faculty & Community Resources
- Classroom Lectures & Presentations
- Inter-Island Air Transportation (for Multi-Island Programs)
- Best Practice Program – Presented by the Native Hawaiian Association for Hospitality NaHHA
- Featured in National Geographic Top 100 Programs
- Hawai‘i State Tourism “Kahili” Award
- 1997 Kahili Award
- 1999 Kahili Award
- 2002 Kahili Award
- “Best of Show” Hawai‘i Visitors & Convention Bureau (HVCB)
- 1999 Best of Show
- 2002 Best of Show